Friday, August 1, 2014

A New Recipe, Zucchini Lasagna - WW Friendly

Hey Guys! Are people actually out there reading this? haha ... 

If you are out there - Are you one of those Pinterest People who pin a million things and never go back and look at them? I usually am. I want to work on that.

The other day I was looking through my Food-Drink Board {do you follow me?} and saw a pin I've been wanting to try for a while. I told Jeff about it ... Zucchini Lasagna! 

The pin was linked to {this site} where I found the recipe. 

The Ingredients I actually used vs. what she said:  
  • 1.5 lb 93% lean beef
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • garlic and onion salt
  • 3 small zucchini, sliced 1/8" thick
  • 7 oz part-skim ricotta
  • 8 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded 
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • Barilla Traditional spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 cup Egg Beaters

I used a 8x8 baker instead of the 9x13 she suggested
(fun fact: I've had this baker for like 10 years and used it for the first time tonight ... I've spent about 10 years, give or take - collecting Pampered Chef items that I knew I would want in my own kitchen one day. I knew that I wouldn't be able to afford all at once, and I was going to lots of parties at the time so I bought one thing at at time and have kept them all stored in my parents basement .. Hi Mom and Dad!) 

I really was pleased! I can't even tell you how yummy this was! Don't forget to salt the sliced zucchini and I layered the slices with paper towel .. and grill them all up before placing in the baker as well. Like she says, you need to get out some of the water the zucchini holds :) 



Mine all measured out and then divided in to 4 HUGE slices, made it out to be 13.5 WW points per slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!