Sunday, August 17, 2014

Stuffed RED Peppers

Tonight I'm trying my hand at stuffed peppers ... I don't like GREEN, so we opted for RED :)




First, I'd like to Thank my MOMMA and technology ... My mom text me a picture of the stuffed (green) pepper recipe she had in her Betty Crocker cook book {below}. So awesome. It turned out yummy if I say so myself.


Ingredients I used:
1 lb. ground turkey (you could use ground beef instead, of course)
1 c. Barilla Traditional tomato sauce
2 c. brown rice


Cheese:
I didn't have enough mozzarella so I mixed what I did have left, with a little bit of part skim ricotta and Parmesan.


Preheat the oven to 350.

First brown the ground turkey.  

 While browning the meat: Take the peppers top and insides out. Fill up a pot with water (over the tops and inside the peppers) and boil peppers for 5 mins. Also cook the rice at this time.


Mix together the ground meat, tomato sauce, rice and garlic sauce and heat throughout on the stove. 



Place empty peppers in a cupcake tin (so they don't fall over). Fill peppers with the mix above. 
Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 45 mins.



As I said before, I didn't have enough mozzarella so I created this mixture.  



 Place cheese on top of peppers, uncover and  bake for another 15 mins. 









Enjoy!!! 

My peppers turned out to be 10 WW points each.
Next time I will add tomatoes and onions to Jeff's peppers, I think!

For More Healthy WW Approved Recipes .. CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!