Friday, August 29, 2014

{Crock-Pot} Apple, Turkey Bacon, BBQ Chicken

A new FAVORITE in our house!! And it's an easy crock-pot recipe = happy wife!



There is chicken under there! Yum, dude. Yum.

I found this recipe on Pinterest (follow me! It's fun!) from the Chef In Training website. (No, I didn't come up with it)

Just like her, I used:
1 cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Rays)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice

Mix all together. Then peel and chop apples (I used like 3 pink lady apples). Add to the BBQ mixture.

I used 3 chicken breasts ... I could have DEFINITELY put more of these in there ... probably more like 5 or 6. I had a lot of saucey apple stuff left over :)

Take your bacon (I used turkey bacon because we don't eat regular bacon to keep things healthy), wrap two around each chicken breast. I wrapped it around the top and met them at the bottom, then the chicken sits on the seam ... hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.

Once all your bacon wrapped chicken is placed in the crock-pot, pour your BBQ apple sauce on top. Turn your crock-pot on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is done (ours was done in 6)

People on the Chef's blog were commenting that their bacon didn't crisp up so I was even more worried about using turkey bacon (since it doesn't crip much anyways) and it did really well. I was really happy with how it turned out! They also said it was really watery .. ours wasn't. Don't ask me how I did it? :) I just did what she said to do :)

What do you think? Give it a try! Enjoy! :)
Comment to let me know you stopped by! I'd love to hear from ya!

For more healthy recipes .. {click here} 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!