Thursday, July 10, 2014

Getting Ready For A Road Trip!

Road trip time! It's time to move! Finally!! I get to go live with my husband .. are you for real?!

Monday, mom and I spent the day running errands and getting things done before Jeff got here. We went and got our air mattress, cleaned my ring, went to the bank, dropped off the last of my Salvation Army bags .. And cancelled my gym membership. Fun right? Ah well, it needed to be done.

Monday night I had a going away get together. Friends, family, church family .. Lots of people stopped by to say goodbye! I'm proud to say that I don't have a single picture from the night. I was completely in the moment and spending time with my people .. And not worrying about pictures for once (ever). 

Tuesday morning I picked Jeff up from the airport bright and early! We had a TON to do. The Marine Corps will only set up one pick up for our boxes and that has to be Jeff's address. We had to get all our gifts and boxes etc over to his place. We also had to get the truck paperwork all transferred into his name and buy new tires for the truck too. It was a couple of long days of lists and packing and moving things around. BUT in the evening Jeff's family came over to my house and we got to hang with both families. We had such a great time and best of all we didn't have to choose! We had the best of both worlds!



Wednesday morning we had more finishing up to do ... And we ALSO went to the Tigers game with Jeff's family! It was both of our first Comerica Park game of the season. I have to say, I'm SO glad we got to do this ... It might be a while before our next game. We went to celebrate Grandpas 93rd birthday. We had a GREAT time, and I actually have pics!


Totally photobombed by my sister-in-laws boyfriend! Hey Seth!

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!!


Wednesday night we had everyone over to Jeff's parents house.
Again having such a nice time, with both families together. A few people stopped by to stay our last goodbyes. I actually had to say goodbye to Emma (sister) and my dad because we were supposed to leave while they were at work the next day.

Thursday during the day it was time to hit the road .... More later :)
Love,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!