Sunday, July 13, 2014

Moving Out & Eating Healthy

I go from tons of pictures to NO pictures .. what are the chances ... ?

So ... if you've been following along my fitness journey, you might know that I lived at home with my parents while my husband was stationed in Twentynine Palms, CA... I had done the majority of losing my weight with my then fiance (before he left for bootcamp last year) and my parents. I worked out 3-4 times a week at the local LifeTime Fitness and my mom kept healthy food in the house.

You might know that I planned our wedding in approx. 5 weeks.

You might know that I've gained back some of the weight I had lost, right after the wedding for multiple reasons (being schedule, packing, traveling and moving)

You might know that I weighed 157 about a week before I left Michigan. You might not. I def. didn't want to write about that struggle on here, I'm sorry to say. Which I realize is not fair. I should write the highs and valleys.. I've also been busy too and used that as an excuse not to write it here. I wonder what the last weight I admitted to was (on the blog) ... I should look.

You might know that we recently got housing in CA so that I moved to live with my husband, Jeff!

It is very important to Jeff and I to have healthy food in the house and get "back on track" while we have a clean slate. We have an empty pantry to start with and don't want to fill it with garbage.

On our cross country road trip we ate Subway for most meals and stopped for breakfast a few times as well. We didn't buy snacks for the car (except for a few a friend gave us .. YUM). We also drank lots of water in the car and tried to stay away from sugar. Jeff did drink coffee, but he loves coffee and drinks it anyways :)

It has been one week since we got to CA. One week of living on our own and I'm proud to tell you that I was 150 lbs. this morning. I haven't worked out in 13 days I think, but the lack of snacking and eating garbage has already helped. We have been planning dinners and having a frozen meal for lunches. We also have healthy snacks in like Weight Watchers string cheese, apples, grapes and bananas. I've also been drinking a ton of water because it's so so so hot out here.

My goal is to be between 130 - 135 lbs. by the time we go home for Christmas (if we go home for Christmas ... no promises) The lowest I've been was 140 lbs. I believe. I know it's going to be tough but I need to get back into the swing of working out, find a class, burn some calories and get on the ball. That is my goal this week is to figure that part of my new life out.

That's what I'm thinking about today :)
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!