Friday, July 25, 2014

Orange Beef & Broccoli - WW Friendly

We went to the commissary yesterday and this was one of the things I could make in our make-shift kitchen. Weight Watcher friendly and all ... so, I went for it!

This might be an actual Weight Watchers recipe ... I'm not claiming this one, although ... I wish I could! YUM



Sorry for the crappy pictures. I didn't think to post this recipe on the blog until after the fact.. this was my Instagram pic. {Do you follow me? Twillman87}

Here's the recipe! Nice and easy!

12 oz. broccoli
1/3 c. fat free low sodium beef broth
1/3 c. low sugar / sugar free orange marmalade
2 Tbl. low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbl. cornstarch
1 lb. steak (we used sirloin trimmed and cut into thin slices)
cooking spray

Microwave broccoli per directions.
Combine broth, marmalade, soy and salt.
Place cornstarch in shallow bowl and dredge steak in cornstarch.
Heat a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Coat pan w/ spray and add steak and saute 5 mins or until browned.
Add broth mixture, cook 1 min or until thick ... stir in broccoli.

About 6 WW points per cup ... We also made brown rice to go along with it :)

Enjoy! Let me know what you think! Jeff loved it ... that's why I love cooking for him :) He loves everything I make and he always makes sure to tell me he liked it! Love that guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!