Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Bakersfield Thanksgiving

Hey Guys! Did you have a great Thanksgiving? Jeff and I spent our first Thanksgiving married together at a friends house. As you know we are stationed in Twentynine Palms, CA so we are a million (2,100) miles away from family. We decided our money would be better spent on buying plane tickets home for Christmas and to stay in CA for Thanksgiving. Our friend Nate and his family were kind enough to ask us to join them to celebrate, just 4 hours away from home.

So I baked some desserts and we hit the road
(Not pictured: Oreo pie and pumpkin roll)
My husband got me a crazy nice gift ... a Nikon D3200 camera package!! Ahhh it was such a surprise ... I'm so so so excited about it. I hope to get a little less rusty in the next few months.


So, like I said - we hit the road ... on our way to Duke's Uncle Holloway's house to celebrate!
Duke is really good in the car. Four hours + and he was great. He loves to sleep in the car!

 So, once we got there and settled ... I played with our new camera!

Look at my boys!

The table was set beautifully ... check out this super cute turkey pumpkin! 

There might have been a few beverages served ...
 The turkey was fried ... with love ...

My boys ...

My husband and I on our first married Thanksgiving ...

 Nate and his momma

Duke was spoiled all weekend ...

And spoiled some more ...

The boys played football in the backyard ...

Hoffman and Duke went for a swim...

And Duke was spoiled some more...

It as much fun as we could have had ... being away from our own families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!