Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Twentynine Palms Happenings

What's the happs in Twentynine? Well...

Is it silly to be excited about passing out Halloween candy, in our own place? We've never been able to do this before! We finally have our own "house" (Okay it's a townhouse thing...) We can pass out candy to all the little trick-or-treaters! I think I'm excited about Halloween for the first time in years! Yay!! Ps ... umm ... candy costs a fortune. Holy crap.



This weekend is Jeff's and my first Marine Corps Ball! It's at a resort, it's supposed to be beautiful! Duke, our puppy is too young to board because he hasn't had all of his shots. He isn't able to be around other dogs yet.. so our friend Amber as being sweet and staying at our place with him. (Thank God .. I didn't know if we were going to be able to stay!!) We are really excited. Jeff will wear his blues and I will wear a new black floor length gown I got (at a great price of course!).
I'll post pictures when we're all dressed to the nines ;)

Guess. What. Else.
MY MOM IS COMING TO VISIT!

Okay people ... I've been doing SO good out here. It's weird and strange to live in a town where you know almost no one, but I'm doing well. I haven't cried much (which we're all surprised about) and I'm completely happy to be here. All that being said: I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL MY MOM GETS HERE! We should be finding out in the next few weeks (possibly this week even) where we will be stationed next. I was talking to my mom and I told her how weird it would be if we had to move away from here, our first place together and have had no one see it! So, she bought a plane ticket! I can't wait. We can't wait!

[ and oldie but a goodie ]
I may even sing:



On a directly related but side note: THIS has been the push we need to do something about our guest room! And my "we" I mean "me". It's much better already but I DO need Jeff's help with a few bigger boxes. More on that later.

In other news: Jeff and I have bought our plane tickets home for Christmas! We got fairly good deals on our tickets home and can't wait to celebrate with family! Something to look forward to.

Hmmm that's all what we're GOING to be doing ... how about this:
Duke got CRAZY sick from helping himself to our raw Halloween pumpkins last weekend. It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen. He was sick for about 12 hours or so .. wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink and couldn't stop getting sick. He just wanted me to hold him and he would look up at me, cry and then run onto the patio before getting sick again. THANK GOD that's over. He had us scared half to death. We got him to lick an ice cube a few times and we shot water into his mouth with a syringe and then it just took time. He's back to his crazy old self though. Biting, running around like a crazy dog and getting back into things!  Here he was when he was sick:




We took him to the vet a few weeks ago and he was TWENTY TWO POUNDS. I couldn't believe it. He was only 8 pounds when we first got him! He's growing like crazy. I hope babies don't grow quite this fast. But that's a ways down the line. No one get excited haha. This puppy loves his daddy! Check it out!



Jeff and I went on a few movie dates lately! We saw "Gone Girl" .. oh wait, I already posted about that {here}. We also saw "Fury"! It really was a good movie. There were a few graphic scenes that I absolutely could have gone with out and it was SO sad, but it was a good movie. Poor Jeff kept turning to me and saying "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have brought you to this move" I'll tell you what though, I haven't seen a movie like that before!

Last weekend we went to Twentynine's Pioneer Days festival. It was right down the street from our house so we walked. It was a little trashy, I wont lie. But being there with Jeff, checking out new things, eating a deep fried Oreo and having two glasses of wine before hand made it fun!

We also headed down the hill with friends to Buffalo Wild Wings, which was delicious .. and I regretted it about an hour later. But YUM A little more recently, we checked out a small fishing hole with friends. Two of the boys caught tiny blue gill ... but it was a good time! We came home and cooked a ton of food and had some friends hang out for a little bit.




Hmm, what else? My job is going well lately! The kids have gotten to know me more and more ... I'm more comfortable over at their house and it's working out nicely. Part time, good money and I get to help a family who needs help! Win-Win-Win win win win.

Not much more than that is going on these days though! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!