Thursday, September 11, 2014

Where Were You On 9/11?

Where were you on 9/11?
Where were you when the first tower was hit?
Questions that has been asked many, many times.

Everyone knows where they were at that exact moment on September 11th, 2001.


I was 14 and a half years old. I didn't even have my drivers license yet.
It was a Tuesday.
I was ending my second hour math class at my high school.
I remember the teacher.
I remember the kids who sat in front of and behind me in that class.
But most of all I remember watching that plane hit the first tower on replay over and over.
My mind couldn't comprehend what I was seeing.

The class was over and we switched to our third hour. I had computer class next just down the hall. I remember the buzz in the hallway was different this day than any other day. I still couldn't comprehend what was happening. I understood ... but didn't. The TV was turned on and we watched the second plane hit and it finally clicked in my heart. I needed to go home.

My memories are gone until it's fifth hour. I was in History class, and we went to the library to watch the coverage.

Finally I got home and found my mom on the back porch holding two of our daycare babies. The babies on her lap were nervous and frazzled. It was crazy to see how it effected them .. even not knowing and understanding the horror going on that day. My mom said she had been strong all day, but they still knew something was wrong. My dad got home and hugged my mom and she finally cried.

This is what I remember of September 11th. I was scared beyond belief when I finally let it all sink in. I didn't know anyone in New York at the time. I wasn't scared for someone in one of those towers. I just was scared for what this meant for our country. Our always strong, stand tall country.

Please remember your day. Remember to never forget. Remember those first responders, the people they saved, tried to save ... and all of their families. Remember those who didn't make it our of those towers and all they gave for our country, without even knowing it. Please also remember all of our men and women who have ever served over seas, as a direct result of 9/11.

I didn't write this today because I am a Marine Wife now ... I write this today because everyday I see the signs that Marine families hang on the fences and post along the streets welcoming their heroes and their Marine's home from being overseas .. and those "Welcome Home" signs touch my soul in a way I can't even explain. On September 11th ... and for all the years there after, there are so many families who can't hang a welcome home sign for their loved ones...

#neverforget #godblessamerica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!