Sunday, September 7, 2014

Loaded Cauliflower Casserole

I mentioned this recipe before.. it was so much better than I thought it would be :)



Look weird? Give it a chance (said the girl who never had cauliflower before she tried this)

I intended on taking way better pics for you this time ... turns out, not the case. I made it tooooooo easy and forgot to take good pictures along the way.

I cooked chicken for dinner last night, so I made double and had the chicken ready for tonight.
I cooked turkey bacon with breakfast this morning, so I made double and had that ready too.
I even had the cauliflower cooking this morning so it would be ready too. Everything else was!
Nice, right?

Okay, preheat the oven to 350:



This time, if I'm honest I only measured three things:
2 chicken breasts (chopped and cooked)
8 turkey bacon strips (cooked and cut into bite size pieces)
2 heads of cauliflower (steamed or boiled until cooked accordingly)

I didn't measure the cheese, green onions or garlic salt. But really - just make it look good ;) 


Here it is, all mixed together.

Then ... add more cheese on top ;) again .. I didn't measure that either.


Side note: Recently we changed over to grating our own cheese, instead of buying it done already. I doubt you care, but in an attempt to save some money on groceries ... I have been looking into doing things differently. Again, I doubt you care, but we are getting a 10 oz. block of cheese for the same price as an 8 oz. bag of already shredded cheese. We also think it tastes fresh and is better this way and we are getting more for our money. Anyways, onto the cooking...

Cover and bake at 350 


For 25 mins 


and you'll have this when you're done :) 


For the real (whole) recipe ... click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!