Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thunder Over Michigan - Blue Angels

Today Jeff and I headed to the Thunder Over Michigan Air Show. Here are a few pictures of the day. Today was around 80 to 90 ish with the sun beating down ... It was HOT HOT HOT. I even managed to get a sunburn the shape of my shirt. Lovely. Lucky for me, my burn will turn into a tan quickly ... but the tan will STILL BE IN THAT SHAPE! Looks like I have some "work" to do!

After the sun was hidden by some clouds, it was so much better. The Blue Angels preform every other year at the airshow and so we bought tickets to get in. If you haven't seen the Blue Angels ... they are US Navy pilots who do crazy incredible unbelievable stunts in the air .... in a formation, all together! (just like synchronized swimming ... only its WAY more impressive with jets that are flying 1000 miles per hour)

We went last year and sat on the side of a nearby road and saw the whole thing for free, but the Blue Angels weren't there. Here they are!



 Notice that they are flying at each other ...

  Notice that they are flying at each other upside down...





 Don't mess ... with the USA

Here's Jeff and I with the Blue Angels  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!