Friday, February 20, 2015

Cauliflower Pizza Dough

I've been meaning to try a recipe for cauliflower pizza dough and I just hadn't gotten around to it, with the move and all. Just a few days ago I made the one from The Lucky Penny's blog {recipe found here} It was good! I still have to work on the consistency .. and I didn't use parchment paper like she said (because I didn't have any) .. so maybe that will help with the baking too ? We will see. I'll definitely give it another go! Check it out:

She said to preheat the oven to 450 with the pizza stone in there ...


I used a giant head of cauliflower which she said not to do. This might be another one of my problems, but it all measured properly ... so maybe not? I'm unsure. Just use the florets.


Put the florets in the food processor (I used the smaller grater)


 Place in the oven for 4 minutes to cook.


While it was in the microwave, I added the other ingredients together.
1/4 c. mozzarella
1/4 c. parmesan
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt

Looked like this ...


When the cauliflower was done in the microwave, I had the tea towel laid out on the cutting board and spread it evenly over the towel to cool. Once it was cool I strained (weird pic = left hand)
I got a ton of water out, and strained until my hands couldn't strain anymore.


Mixed with the dry ingredients ...


Added an egg and mixed ...


This is where I was bad and didn't use the parchment paper .. If I had, I would have been able to form the dough exactly how I wanted and then slide the paper onto the stone. Instead ... I had to work with what I had .. and ended up with this:


I baked it for about 12 minutes ... added the toppings and baked for another 5-7 minutes. I forgot to take a picture of the pizza dough cooked, but before toppings. Sorryyyyyyy....


It really did taste delicious ... but we had to eat it with forks rather than hold the pieces with our hands like a normal pizza. I'll absolutely be trying to perfect this!
(Toppings: turkey bacon, cheese, chicken, tomato, peppers, onions)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!