Thursday, January 8, 2015

All The Rest!

The rest of our trip was spent hanging with friends and family.
We got to visit with one of my best friends, Deanna and her hubby Kenny!

There was a little wrestling ...

Jeff took his sister Corey to ice skate...

While I visited with my girl, Evie ...

And her baby brother Ray ...

We celebrated New Years Eve with Cory and Halle' after hanging with Jeff's family ...

At some point (multiple times actually) the guys were caught planning the demise of a couple of squirrels. (remember that BB gun dad got for Christmas??) 

Dad and I ordered "lunch sticks" from Knudsens .. Which are donuts his brothers and sisters had at school growing up from this very bakery! 

Dad took me on a tour of the neighborhood of where he grew up...

Mmmmm

We ate "a" lunch stick .... God!!!! Mmmmm !! 

We taught some family about our friend Alex's breakfast shot ... Bacon, maple flavored Crown and OJ... Super fun!!

Mom, Emma and I tried out the good old karaoke at the VFW ... This was a night that was a little "too much fun". I had never done karaoke before!! So much fun! (Song: Leave The Pieces - The Wreckers)

I said goodbye to Jeff :( ... He flew home a few days before me..


We said goodbye to the tree .. And hello to a little bit of snow..

The day before I flew out I attended Jeff's Uncle Dave's funeral. I'm glad I went but it, of course was a very sad day. It was hard, because I didn't get to know him. He has had Alzheimer's the whole time I have been with Jeff so he hasn't been himself. His son shared a beautiful eulogy talking about all aspects of his dad's life and I was so grateful. In those few minutes I learned a little more about him.

I packed my (extremely heavy) bags... And hit the road ... Errr the sky! 

Detroit to Denver.

The mountains  were beautiful ...topped with snow ..


Southwest had free TV wifi streaming ... Awesome on my new iPad mini!!! (What Not To Wear)


Denver to LAX.... 

And a quick 3 hour + drive home .... What a long day ...

But I'm happy to be home with my hubby and pup!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!