So ... What have I been up to, since I got home?
- commissary -
The morning after I got home I ate a piece of toast and two chicken nuggets for breakfast. We did such a good job using up all our food / trashing what was left, before our trip to MI that when we got home it was pretty bare. So ... We went shopping. Moving in a month poses a challenge because we have to eat but I also don't want to fill the fridge TOO much.
- took our christmas tree down -
While Jeff was at work, I packed away all our ornaments and lights and when he got home he took it out. I still have to clean out the tree stand and figure out how to pack that away. It's kind of huge, but works great....?
- laundry -
Unpacking totally stinks so I had to jump right in. I did our laundry and sorted through my clothes that aren't boxed up. (yes I never unpacked all my clothes from our move out to CA) I have set aside a bunch of clothes that won't be making the cross country journey with us ... So I'll donate them. I still have a little more to go through. I need more room and more hangers... I got lots of awesome clothes for Christmas and no where to put them! Ps, if anyone actually reads this blog and can tell me where to find affordable hangers I'd appreciate it. I hate the fuzzy kind Costco sells and even the dollar stores and Walmart have CRAZY prices for their stupid hangers... Rant over..
- kitchen cleaning -
I cleaned the heck out of our kitchen yesterday. I mean, deep cleaned. And yet, somehow before I went to bed it was a disaster again. Funny how that works, huh? Not funny-haha.
- designed and ordered our 2014 photo book from shutterfly -
Ok. I am so thrilled with this. I really really enjoy making photobooks. I have one for Jeff's USMC graduation and one for our wedding... I love them, but they tend to take forever for me to make. Can I just tell you that I did all of 2014 in one evening? I did. I used my iPad mini and their Photo Story app .... It connects with my Facebook and Instagram accounts so I don't even have to upload pics!!! It was so easy to use and I combined like 3 or 4 coupon codes to get a good deal. I'm sooo happy to have this done and on its way to us!!!! It was also really fun to create. Win win.
This is our cover!
- watched two movies -
I've needed to catch up on my snuggles with my puppy! We watched The Rescuers and Annie (the old one) last night and it was so nice.
-had breakfast with JJ, Nathan and Kathleen -
It was so good to see my friends! Big and little! We hung out and played with the boys and caught up. I missed them while I was away! We are going to play in the snow tomorrow for the Winter Wonderland event here in our complex!
Things I need to do:
- Try to stop stressing about Jeff's orders. We need a copy of his orders to apply for housing .. We kind of need a place to live when we get to NC ...in less than a month ... And his orders aren't available to us yet ..... It will work out, right? ::puke::
- Dig out everything we own in all the boxes and closets upstairs and see if IT is going to be moving with us to NC ... I don't want to bring junk we don't want or need. We've already accumulated so much stuff. How does this happen? Haha.
- Clean off our kitchen table. Does anyone else have this problem? Our kitchen table is a catch all for junk and I totally hate it. I think the sink and the kitchen table are two ways to make your house feel cleaner .... If they're clean that is.
....and about a thousand other things .... But ask me what I'm doing right now. The answer is laying on the couch with a headache, from thinking about all the things I need to do! Ha!