Sunday, September 13, 2015

Mom's Visit

My mom came to visit us the last week in August - her last week of summer and my week in between summer camp and starting my new job! It was so great to have that week off to spend with her. 

We did so many fun things, I hope I don't forget any. We went and did so many things that have been on my wish list to do around here too! Thanks for giving me the push to do them, Mom! 

The first AWESOME thing we did was drive to Beaufort, NC (about an hour or so) and took a 15 minute ferry ride to Shackelford Banks. It was a beautiful island where you can find wild horses, seashells and a whole lot of beautiful beach. 

After walking around and being kind of disappointed, we found them!!! Check them out! 






Incredible right?

We went to visit the sick and recovering turtles at The Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue Center and learned a lot about them ... it was such a cool and different place to see:

We spent a day at the beach in Topsail:



We drove to Willmington, NC to see their historical downtown area:
The Battleship North Carolina

A fun spices shop

Of course we got ice cream! 

Duke was neutered while mom was in town ... sorry buddy. Sweet cone though ;) 

We had a crab legs night!!! 

I even broke them apart myself! 
We tried Kettle Diner, Marina Cafe and The Spouter Inn .. all restaurants that I hadn't been to yet! YUM.
Mom went to her first change of command ceremony, had her first Krispy Kreme donut  ... as well as her first Cheerwine! Welcome to North Carolina, Ma!

It was hard to let her leave .... and for me to go back to work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!