Monday, May 19, 2014

{Crock-Pot} BBQ Pulled Chicken/Pork Sandwiches WW Friendly

I'm hoping to have my wedding pictures in the next few days .. Then I'll post!

Until then: This is one of my FAVORITE crock pot recipes and Weight Watcher friendly! Like I said the other day, I'm trying to get back on track. Having healthy and easy recipes handy is key!

It's fast, easy and we always have the stuff in to make it. When we make it, we use chicken - but if you want to make it with pork you totally can. Obviously, I can't take credit for coming up with this recipe ... it's just one that's a favorite around here.

 Step 1 - get this packet ... yummmmm

Step 2 - Mix together:
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
1 c. water 
BBQ seasoning packet



Place 3 lbs of chicken into the crock pot ... (pictured is not the full amount of chicken)
Pour the mix above over the chicken and cook on low for 8 hours.



Remove the chicken breasts, thicken sauce with cornstarch.
Place chicken back into the crock pot and shred.



We eat them on Kroger slider buns ... 2 points each or just in a bowl by itself.

I count the sauce and chicken as about 1 point per ounce because it makes so much, when you divide it out it's hardly any points at all.


Let me know what you think! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know who has visited! Leave a comment here! If you don't blog, just post as an anonymous user and leave your name in your comment. I'd love to hear from you!